Selfless: The Story of Sr. Theophane's Missionary Life in the Jungles of Papua New Guinea was written in by a fellow sister of the Holy Spirit Missionary Sisters, but it is just now being published for the first time. Long held in anonymity, Sr.
Theophane's amazing life of service and apostolic zeal is now finally being revealed to the world. Her story is a breathtaking tale that will inspire a new generation of Catholics to heed the call of service to Christ and others.
- TOP 30 Spinach Salads: Eating Spinach Salad Recipes All Through the Year & Find Your Path Back to Health?
- Additional information.
- ENGLISH BOOK Consoling Thoughts of St. Francis de Sales: On Sickness and Death.
- Fast Guide To Fitness.
- Math For Everyone Combo Book: 7th Grade Math, Algebra I, Geometry I, Algebra II, Math Analysis, Calculus?
Francis de Sales, the beloved Doctor of the Church, teaches how to grow closer to God through suffering well the most bitter trials. The bed of sickness is an altar of sacrifice, writes the saint in this treasure of spirituality. He explains what prayers are suitable for the sick, how to persevere in patience, and even how to overcome an excessive fear of death.
Most importantly, St.
Francis de Sales teaches about abandonment to God's will in both life and death, drawing from his memories of the deaths of his own mother and sister. Francis de Sales is known to history as the Gentle Saint. Francis was Bishop of Geneva and a tireless preacher, who yet made time to correspond with numerous souls who wrote him for his insight and guidance.
His Consoling Thoughts are compiled from these letters as well as from his other spiritual works. About The Author St.
Bible Verses For The Sick: 20 Comforting Scripture Quotes
His father sent him to a good school when he was young, and he received spiritual formation from the Jesuits. After a disturbing spiritual fear of being condemned, he eventually resolved his problem and decided to dedicate his life to God in He became a doctor of law at the age of 24 at the Jesuit College of Clermont, Paris, and was ordained a priest by Bishop Claude de Granier and stationed in Geneva in He became bishop of Geneva in He was known as a spiritually understanding man as well as a friend of the poor. Though known for his great intellect and theological wisdom, he spoke with simplicity and earnestness, so that all could understand.
More Books by St. Francis de Sales See All.
Introduction to the Devout Life. The Spiritual Maxims of St.
- Specific Examples for Cancer!
- Crime and criminals (c1897).
- Benjamin Noldmanns Geschichte der Aufklärung in Abyssinien (German Edition).
- The Best Multivitamin eBook- what that means, what to look for, and a whole lot more (Best Health Secrets Guide Book 5)!
- The Chronology of Seeker:The Sunrise Years.
- Empathic Examples of Words of Comfort for Sympathy.
- Grieving Before A Death: Understanding Anticipatory Grief.
Francis de Sales. Consoling Thoughts on Trials of an Interior Life. The Catholic Controversy.